It’s that time of year again. The sun is shining, and everything is green again. I’m ready to be outside on my patio, out at one of our beautiful parks, or hiking trails here in colorful Colorado. That also means I’m looking for easy recipes. This next recipe is just perfect for a sunny Sunday afternoon. Sitting on my front patio, a cool drink in hand, and this beautiful galette. This recipe couldn’t be any easier. I think it’s my new favorite thing to make. I bought a few items at our Sprouts Farmers Market, and put this gorgeous galette together in no time. I love the fact that you can buy so many items in bulk, by weight. Not only is it less expensive, but also less wasteful.
I also bought the Pillsbury pie crust, and I must say, I am impressed. It is so versatile, I absolutely love it. You can use it for sweet, or savory recipes and it turns out perfect every time. It’s also a time saver–that’s what I’m talking about! America’s #1 pie crust indeed.
Making simple foods, using fresh ingredients, equals less time in the kitchen and more time to enjoy life. Now, I love to cook and bake from scratch, but in this case using a pre made pie crust is also great. Finding quality products can be a blessing. I mean, some of us don’t have too much time to bake from scratch, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have something just as delicious. Unroll, fill and bake–Uhm yeah! Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Pillsbury pie crust, refrigerated
- Herbed goat cheese, about 4 oz.
- Mascarpone cheese, about 2 oz.
- 3 oz. of sun dried tomatoes, julienne-cut
- A handful of Mediterranean olives
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, pat dry, halved
- 6-8 slices of Prosciutto ham
- Salt, to taste
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- A bunch of baby arugula
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Roll out the pie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- First, add the Roma tomatoes, salt, black ground pepper, dried oregano, and parsley. Leave about 2 inches of pie crust for folding in the edges.
- Then, layer the sun dried tomatoes over the Roma tomatoes.
- Now place the artichokes, and prosciutto ham.
- Mix the goat cheese and mascarpone cheese together. I used a food processor for easy mixing. Dollop spoonfuls of the cheese over the other ingredients.
- Now grab the dough border and fold it over towards the center. I overlapped the dough as I went around the circumference of the galette. Lightly brush the egg wash around the border.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the galette.
- Arrange the baby arugula around the galette and add the olives.
- Drizzle with the olive oil. Add salt, black ground pepper to taste, and serve.