When it comes to tequila, I think everyone automatically thinks of margaritas. While a nice frozen margarita on a hot Spring or Summer day is great, there are other tequila cocktails I would rather drink. This next cocktail is bursting with coconut flavor. This particular brand of tequila is crisp, light, and smooth. I know many people often shy away from tequila because it could be a bit harsh at times. This is due to the fermentation process, which is a key factor in the quality and flavor of how the tequila is produced. However, this drink will remind you of being on a tropical oasis. Trust me, you’ll love this one for sure. Cheers!
- 1.5 oz. of Milagro tequila
- 1 oz. of Coco Lopez, cream of coconut
- A squeeze of lime juice, plus a wedge for garnish
- 2 Tbsp of sea salt, I used Himalayan pink sea salt (optional)
- 2 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Edible flower for garnish (optional)
Directions for the red color sea salt:
- Use a sandwich sized Ziploc bag and add the sea salt.
- Add 2 drops of red food coloring.
- Close the Ziploc, and with your thumb and index fingers rub the food coloring on the sea salt.
- Now place the red sea salt on a shallow plate and let it dry.
- Place back in the Ziploc, and store in a dry place until ready to use.
- Add ½ cup of ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the cream of coconut, tequila, and a squeeze of lime.
- Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into a 6 oz. glass with salted rim.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and edible flower.