My daughter loves chocolate. I mean, who doesn’t? Gooey, silky, rich chocolatey chocolate. 😉
If you’re anything like us, there are days that you just need it. Your body craves it, and you’ll literally get in your car at midnight, and drive to the nearest store to buy chocolate. Yup, guilty!
On snowy cold days however, I will absolutely not venture out of my warm home in search of chocolate. This is where my next recipe comes in. These easy bake brownies are just perfect for this type of situation. Just 7 ingredients, 35 minutes, and you’ve got the most delicious brownies ever.
You can store them in a tupperware and they will keep chewy and delicious for a few days. Perfect for those must-have craving days. Add a scoop of ice cream, drizzle caramel, top with fruit, or keep it simple with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Divine.This recipe can easily work any time of the year, any season, and for any occasion. I mean, who needs a reason to eat brownies anyway? Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10-12 brownies
- 1 cup of All purpose flour
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Non-stick baking spray/parchment paper (for the baking dish)
Note: I used a 9 in. x 9 in. baking dish but any size will work.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium size bowl, add the sugar and melted butter. Use a handheld mixer on medium speed and beat until well combined.
- Now add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing.
- Then add the All purpose flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, or use the non stick baking spray to evenly coat the dish. This will prevent the brownie from sticking to the baking dish.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate batter evenly.
- Bake for 28 minutes.
- After 28 minutes, insert a toothpick in the center to check if it’s done. The top layer will be set, and the inside batter should be loose, but not runny. If the batter looks a bit undercooked, leave in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Allow the baking pan to cool completely (about 15 minutes) before cutting the brownie into squares and serving. Sprinkle powdered sugar for an extra touch.