Easy arugula and mushroom salad. Have it as a side, or as your main meal. The mushrooms are hearty, the arugula is peppery, and a sweetness from the onion comes through. Truly a perfect combination.
And…it’s healthy. Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10
- A bunch of arugula, washed and dried (I used about 4 cups, but you can add more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 pack of sliced white button mushrooms, rinsed, wiped of dirt, and dried
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- A drizzle of olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp of white vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, crumbled, to taste
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Stirring gently, cook for 6-8 minutes or until the onions caramelize and the mushrooms turn golden brown.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the heat. Allow the mushrooms and onions to cool, otherwise they will wilt the arugula.
- Place a bed of arugula on your favorite plate or tray. Drizzle the vinegar over it and give it a light toss.
- Arrange the mushroom and onions over the arugula.
- Spread the crumbled parmesan cheese, and add olive oil to taste. Enjoy!