I have found my new love–almond cookies! These cute cookies are so simple to make. They are dairy free, so you know that I’m all over them. They are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I’d even say they are a bit biscuit-like. They are not overly sweet, and can be enjoyed with coffee or tea. For an extra fun treat, sandwich them between some ice cream!
I’ve already made two more batches since the first try. They are so easy to put together, you really can’t go wrong. Instead of regular vanilla, I used Mexican vanilla to give it a little extra flavor. Trust me, these are GOOD! Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
- 3 cups of super fine almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand), spooned and sifted Note: Do not pack down the almond flour into your measuring cup.
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Mexican vanilla extract (regular vanilla extract works too)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of granulated sugar, sifted (you can use caster or fine sugar too)
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the sliced almonds on a plate and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine the sifted almond flour, Mexican vanilla, egg whites, and sifted granulated sugar.
- Use your hands to combine it all together. The mixture will turn into a sticky but firm doughy paste.
- Use a soup spoon for this next step if you want perfectly uniform-sized cookies. Grab a spoonful of the paste, and then roll it between the palm of your hands to form a ball 2 inches in diameter (the size of a small meatball).
- Lightly press the dough balls onto the plate of sliced almonds. Flip the cookie and do the same on the other side.
- Follow step 7 for the rest of the mixture and place each one about 2 inches apart on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Check on them at the 12 minute mark to make sure the almonds do not burn. (I live at high altitude so the 15 minutes was just right, but it may differ depending where you live.)
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove them from the baking sheet, and place them on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes until cooled. Enjoy!