To me, summer means fresh fruit and ice cold drinks…Why not pair the two to enjoy a sunny Saturday afternoon, right? 😉 This next cocktail recipe is my all time favorite for the summer. It’s so easy to prepare and super refreshing. You can skip the boozy part and enjoy it either way. If the kids like watermelon, then they will love this. Trust me, you’ll love this too. Now, hurry up and make this before summer is over! Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 large yellow lemons, juiced and strained, plus more for garnish
- ½ small seedless red watermelon, trimmed and cubed, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- A splash of San Pellegrino sparkling water, per glass serving
- 1.5 oz. of Bacardi white rum, per glass serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Use a blender to pulse the cubed watermelon until it is liquified. You may need to add a splash of cold water to help the process depending on your blender.
- Pour the liquified watermelon through a sieve to strain any pulp. Discard the pulp and set the watermelon juice aside.
- Cut and juice the lemons, removing any seeds. This step should yield about a half cup to one cup of lemon juice.
- To the blender, add granulated sugar, watermelon juice, and lemon juice. Mix on high speed until the sugar has dissolved and liquified.
- Grab your favorite mason jars or cocktail glasses, and add ice. Pour the watermelon lemonade, Bacardi white rum, a splash of sparkling water, and garnish with fresh mint leaves, lemon and watermelon slices if desired. Cheers!