We always have leftover rice in the fridge at our house. Mostly because Cuban dishes are paired with white rice. There always seems to be a tupperware full of it. Although this next recipe isn’t Cuban, this is my take on making something out of nothing, you know what I mean?
There are days where you don’t have too much in the fridge or pantry. Maybe you don’t feel or have the time to be cooking up a whole meal. This next recipe will give you a super fast, yet delicious dish.
This easy fried rice is just the thing. There really is not right or wrong here. You simply sauté any leftover meat or half-opened bag of frozen veggies, an egg or two, add some soy sauce and a few other ingredients, and there you go. If you ask me, it is better than take-out fried rice.
You can be as elaborate as you want here, but I’m sharing the easiest version possible. Anyone can make this recipe. You’ll love how simple this is. Let’s eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 ½-3 cups of leftover day old white rice, cooked
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black ground pepper
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder
- 1 cup of sweet green peas and carrots
- ¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp of canola oil
- ¼ cup of oyster sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten scrambled, cooked separately
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds, to taste
- 2 stems of green onions, cut on the bias, for garnish
Note: A wok style skillet is prefered for this recipe but not necessary. A deep nonstick sauté pan or skillet also works.
- Set your wok, deep nonstick sauté pan, or nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add the canola oil, sesame oil, yellow onion, and minced garlic. Sauté them for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the leftover rice and stir to combine.
- Now add the low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, sweet peas and carrots. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Next add the scrambled eggs. Cook for 3 minutes stirring all the ingredients together.
- Finally add the toasted sesame seeds and give it all one last stir.
- Plate and garnish with more sesame seeds, additional soy sauce, and green onions if desired. Enjoy!