Nothing says I love you like a colossal sized peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, right? These colossal cookies are easy to make and delicious. The best part of this recipe is that you don’t need to chill the dough. Straight out of the mixer and into the oven. Now that is my kind of cookie.
In this recipe I used a whole lot of chocolate chips because, well, why not? Although the peanut butter flavor shines through, the ratio of chocolate chips give it an extra layer of greatness. This cookie is extra in every way, and I think it makes for a perfect Valentine’s Day gift. You’ll receive COLOSSAL love from the ones you love after they try these cookies. 🙂
This cookie recipe is great for any occasion, but, with Valentine’s Day just a few days away, I decided to make these and shape them into giant hearts. I bought a 5” cookie cutter at Walmart and it is perfect to shape the cookie dough. The dough slips right out and no mess. Peanut butter and chocolate lovers alike will enjoy these cookies. How great is that? Let’s get baking!
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 12-14 minutes
Servings: 5 Colossal cookies
- ⅔ cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups of semi sweet chocolate chips (plus more for drizzle)
- One 5” heart shaped cookie cutter
Note: I used a stand mixer for this recipe but a handheld mixer will work as well.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Add the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and combine on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Then, slowly mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Keep mixing for 1-2 minutes on low speed.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, and all purpose flour.
- Add in the chocolate chips and switch the mixer to a medium low-setting. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined. About 1-2 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the heart shaped cookie cutter on the sheet and spoon in the dough. Lightly press down the dough until the cookie cutter is filled to the rim. Shape and pack down the cookie dough (don’t press down too hard).
- Using your index finger and thumb, lift the cookie cutter off. It should slip right out. Now you have a perfect heart cookie shape. Believe me, it will hold its shape if you pressed down on the dough just right..
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before removing them.
- In a glass bowl, place a hand full (½ cup) of chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat this step until it is a smooth liquid consistency. You may have to microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds a couple of times.
- With a small spoon or spatula, drizzle the cookies with the melted chocolate. Have fun with the design. Now, your cookies are ready to be gifted. Happy Valentine’s Day 🙂