I think side dishes deserve some recognition once in a while, don’t you? We often rely on the main dish to be the star, but side dishes can be just as front and center, in my opinion.
That’s how I feel about this next recipe. These colorful little carrots are the sweetest things I’ve ever seen! Firm, yet tender, these petite rainbow carrots can be eaten all on their own. I kind of just ate them standing in my kitchen, right out of the oven… 😉
They absorbed flavor perfectly and quickly roasted in the oven. I added honey, Bourbon, brown sugar, a good amount of Kosher salt, and black ground pepper to these beauties.
Coating them well will guarantee a ton of flavor.
This recipe is super fast and easy to prepare. Trust me, these caramelized boozy carrots will shine at the dinner table. Lets eat.
Here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Whole fresh petite rainbow carrots, rinsed, dried, peeled (about 14 petite carrots)
- 2 Tbsp of raw honey
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Bourbon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black cracked ground pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, add the carrots, raw honey, brown sugar, Bourbon, Kosher salt, black ground pepper, garlic powder, and the dried thyme.
- Toss and coat the carrots completely.
- Now arrange the carrots on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the carrots to a serving platter or dish. Serve immediately.